Friday, February 8, 2013

Welcome Page





Hello my name is Michelle Hughes, welcome to my Dance Blog. I’m sure everyone is familiar with dance, but I will be introducing you to specific types such as, Choreography, Formalized Movement, Line, Form, and Repetition as well as Rhythm. First, I will give you a brief synopsis on dance.  Dance is the art form that involves movement of the body. "It becomes the medium for sensing, understanding, and communicating ideas, feelings, and experiences"(the elements of dance). Dance may range from functional movement such as, folk dance to virtuoso techniques which include ballet. Dance also has a variety of styles and genres, such as, classical dance, step dance, street dance and street. Dance is universal because it is enjoyed by most everyone.
   

Angelina Ballerina's New Ballet Teacher


No comments:

Post a Comment